Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers

I hope all you moms out there had a nice day.

I know my wife spent the day with my daughter doing whatever it is that they do when I'm not with them. The boys sent their Happy Mothers Day text messages / phone calls this morning.


Sale went eight innings last night, giving up one earned run and walking one batter while striking out nine. In other words, he had a fantastic outing and when he left the game after the eighth inning, the score was 3-1 in favor of the Red Sox.

Then they brought in Jansen and he just failed miserably. He pitched one inning, gave up 2 earned runs and one unearned run. When the game ended, the Cardinals ended up winning 4-3.

Not sure what is going on with Jansen because up until the other day, he has been lights out. I can't help but wonder if maybe he has something wrong.

Tonight's game is listed as starting at 7:10 but since it's on ESPN, I suspect it will start sometime around 7:30 or so.

Kluber is the starter.


I spent quite a bit of time trying to take the old grill apart so I can dispose of it. Unfortunately it is so rusted that the bolts holding it together don't want to come out. I have to spray a little WD-40 on them, let them sit and then try to get them out. When that doesn't work, I have to cut the metal around them.

No matter what, it's a pain in the ass and it turns out I don't have enough room in my barrel to dispose of it all at once anyways

Guess I'll be doing this for the next few weeks.


Enjoy these few links I found:

No comments: