Saturday, May 13, 2023

Yet another busy day

Many things got done today. It was a multi-step kind of day.
    Step 1: Go grocery shopping.
    Step 2: Mow the lawn.
    Step 3: Clean the porch screens.
    Step 4: Replace the screens that didn't survive the winter.
    Step 5: Get the porch ready for its summer finery.
    Step 6: Watch the Red Sox.
Now you know how I spent my day.


Speaking of the Red Sox, Paxton had a great game last night, going five innings, giving up two earned runs, walking one batter and striking out nine. When he left the game, the Red Sox were winning 4-2.

Then the bullpen imploded...

Winckowski, who has been stellar in his last few outings, just didn't have it last night and he gave up three earned runs in only half an inning. Jansen didn't have it either. He faced only three batters and gave up three earned runs.

In the end, the Cardinals won the game 8-6.

As for today, the game started at 4:10. Right now it is the bottom of the sixth inning and the Red Sox are up 3-0

Sale is pitching really well.


This is what I like about my state representative:

He sends a birthday note to me every year. It's not that I think I'm special because I'm pretty sure he sends a birthday note to every one of his constituents. Still, all things considered, the man goes out of his way to say happy birthday.

If I need something from the state government, I reach out to him and he always either calls me back or emails me.

I have always and I will always vote for him. He is not a bullshit artist who pretends he is concerned about your needs. He genuinely gives a shit about us.

All politicians should be like him.


I'm going to watch the rest of this game and then see if there is anything on the golf channel worth watching.

Here are some links:

No comments: