Monday, May 22, 2023

Oops

I got tied up with some stuff yesterday and forgot to post something.

Sorry about that.

I'm busy patching and painting the walls in one of our bedrooms. Since I'm not a painter, I try to take my time and avoid making a huge mess of things.

As things stand right now, the walls have been scraped, patched and sanded. I've taped all the woodwork and finished the trim painting. Once that was done, I was able to roll on the first coat.

Tomorrow will be more scraping and sanding to get any runs or holes I see in the finished wall. Then finally, a second coat should complete this job.


The one game in the Red Sox/Padres series that I got to watch was the one game they decided to lose.

The Red Sox failed to sweep the Padres yesterday afternoon. Kluber pitched a fairly bad two and a half innings before getting pulled. The bullpen didn't do much better with four different pitchers going the other six and a half innings.

The hitters didn't do anything at all and the Red Sox runners failed to step on home plate at all. The game ended with the Padres winning 7-0.

The Red Sox remain on the west coast, starting a three game series against the Angels tonight. First pitch is at 9:40 which, as we all know, is way too late for me.


The DJIA fell again today:
This is because the republicans are insisting on spending cuts (not on anything that the republicans like, just the things the democrats like) and the democrats are threatening to enact section 4 of the 14th amendment which says:
    The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.
It also says a lot about citizenship, voting rights, untaxed indians and insurrectionists but that one sentence says that the US always pays its bills and no one should question that ability. This includes congressmen and senators.

Unfortunately, if Goofy Joe attempts to claim the 14th gives him the right to override congress, he will set off a constitutional crisis that will involve the supreme court, the congress, the senate and the executive office.

None of this is good and the only people who will be hurt by it is us little people.


Since I spent me entire day doing painting stuff, I only have a few links for you:

No comments: