Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The bedroom is done

The color of the bedroom walls went from a bright blue (my kids picked the color a long time ago) to a nice subtle gray. The problem is that when I first studied the walls to find any defects, they didn't show up very well on the darker color. Once I had the first coat of the new paint on the wall, all the defects suddenly popped.

So I spent my morning finding defects, scraping, patching and then sanding. After sanding, I used a brush to apply the "first coat" to all the spots and let it dry.

While the paint was drying, I went and had lunch with my fellow retired guys.

Back at home, I applied the second coat of paint. Fortunately, the walls dried fairly quickly and I was able to get all the electrical outlets and switches replaced today.

This completes that particular bedroom.

I have one bedroom left to do and that will finish the second floor of my house. Every bedroom and bathroom will have had a new coat of paint and new electrical outlets within the last three years.


The Red Sox lost last night but not because of pitching. Houck went six innings, giving up one earned run, walking two and striking out eight. That's pretty good pitching.

The problem last night was the hitters were not hitting and the baserunners were not stepping on home plate. In the end, the Angle's won 2-1.

Tonight's game starts at 9:40 so I doubt I'll see much beyond the first few batters.


Trump appeared in a New York courtroom today via a video feed from Florida.

This is probably the best courtroom sketch of Trump I've ever seen:


I'm watching the NCAA D1 College Golf Championship (Women's) and I have no idea who is winning. The scoring system is not something I'm able to decipher. It appears to involve some form of math. But that doesn't matter because they are playing some excellent golf.

Here are some links:
  • Trust me, the answer is, "Yes".


  • Thirty tons is a shitload of ammonium nitrate. By comparison, it is estimated that the Alfred Murrah Federal Building bombing only used 2.5 tons


  • Only in Florida.


  • Groins of Fire would be a great name for 1970's Richard Simmons workout video.

No comments: