Monday, October 2, 2023

And thus ends the Red Sox season

Yesterday, around 7:00pm or so, the Red Sox players got on a plane and flew back to Boston. Today, they went to their lockers, cleaned them out and went on vacation.

Yes, they beat the Orioles last night but the Orioles players are not going on vacation. Instead they are in the process of getting ready for the playoffs.

So now I get to watch the Twins (my AL choice) and the Brewers (my NL choice). Both teams start play tomorrow in their respective wildcard best-of-three series with the Twins taking on the Blue Jays and the Brewers taking on the Diamondbacks.


As for the Patriots, what can I say. They got their ass kicked by the Cowboys, losing 38-3. This gives them a 1-3 record and puts them in a tie for last place in the conference.

I think it's time for Belichick to re-evaluate some of his choices...


What the hell, I might as well give it a shot.

The worst that can happen is I'll be $2.00 poorer than I am right now.


While I watch the Bruins play the Flyers, you can visit these links.

Or not.

Do whatever you want to do. It's a free country.

Well, it's a somewhat free country.

Okay, it's not really a free country.

It's actually a kind of restrictive country that calls itself the land of the free. No one actually ever clarified who the "free" were. I know I'm not free. For instance, I'm not free to drive a motorcycle without a helmet on my head or to smoke in a bar or to drive my car without a seatbelt on.


Anyways, here are those links I mentioned before I went off on a mini-rant:
  • Well, this sounds boring as hell. How many times can you listen to the same four chords played in the same sequence over & over again?


  • Wait. Are they telling me that Star Trek is wrong?


  • I don't know what "conker" is but I'm certainly not going to get involved if I have to bake my nuts.


  • This one has both of the insane venues: Florida and Walmart.


  • This one just has Florida.


  • When my kids were small, they had ant farms. The ant's never lived for very long...

No comments: