Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Astros remembered how to play

I guess all the Astros needed was to get out of their ballpark and play in Arlington because they beat the Rangers 8-5 last night.

It seems kind of odd that they lose at home but win on the road...

The Phillies are in Phoenix to play the Diamondbacks in game three of the NLCS at 5:00 this evening and the ALCS Astros / Rangers game will be at 8:00.


There is hockey tonight but I will not be watching it. The Bruins are in San Jose, California to take on the Sharks and the game doesn't start until 10:00 pm. Trust me, that is too late for me.

Guess I'll have to find out what happened tomorrow morning.


Day 14 without a Speaker of the House.

Our elected officials in action:
  • 12:00:00 PM The House convened, starting a new legislative day.
  • 12:03:38 PM Today's prayer was offered by the House Chaplain, Chaplain Margaret Grun Kibben.
  • 12:05:17 PM The Speaker announced approval of the Journal. Pursuant to clause 1, rule I, the Journal stands approved.
  • 12:05:29 PM PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - The Chair designated Mr. Higgins of NY to lead the Members in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
  • 12:05:55 PM The Speaker announced that the House do now recess. The next meeting is subject to the call of the Chair.
They put in a whole six minutes today before deciding they wouldn't waste their time on a third vote for Speaker.


Found this and laughed. I figure you might laugh too.


Time for me to watch some baseball and figure out what to make for dinner.

Here are some links:

No comments: