Friday, October 20, 2023

Three games, three wins

Even though I was sound asleep, the Bruins managed to beat the Sharks 3-1 last night.

I can't tell you about the game but I can tell you that Ullmark saved 26 of the 27 shots the Sharks took against him. That's a save percentage of .963% which is a damned good save percentage.

Their next game is tomorrow against the Kings and, once again, I will not be watching it because it doesn't start until 10:30. That is way past my bedtime.


In the world of baseball, the Diamondbacks beat the Phillies and the Astros beat the Rangers.

In the ALCS, the Rangers and Astros are now tied 2-2 and they play again this evening at 5:00 pm.

In the NLCS, the Phillies are up 2-1 over the Diamondbacks and the play again tonight at 8:00 pm.


I redid my piss-poor math and discovered that I have been incorrectly counting the number of days without a Speaker of the House.

McCarthy was tossed on the afternoon of October 3rd and today is October 20th. That means the Speakers office has been vacant for 16 days. (I don't count the 3rd.)

Day 16 without a Speaker of the House:
    12:06:32 PM     ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT OF ROLL CALL 525 - The Chair announced that no persons having received a majority of the whole number of votes cast by surname in the Election of the Speaker, a Speaker was not elected.
I'm still uindecided if this is a bad thing or a good thing.


While I watch baseball, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: