Wednesday, October 11, 2023

And the season begins...

This evening at 7:30, the Blackhawks will be in Boston for the Bruins home opener and I will be in Wilbraham to watch it.

This is a different Bruins team than what was on the ice last season. Bergeron has retired and Marchand is now the captain.

In my opinion, Marchand is too much of a hot head to be captain. The captain of a hockey team should be a level-headed guy who can lead the team so they play better hockey than the opponents. Marchand is a guy who used to incite fights by licking his opponent, which I think we can all agree is not the kind of behavior you would expect to see in your team captain. Or any grown-ass adult human being for the matter.

So anyways, the Bruins hockey season starts tonight and I am a happy guy.


In baseball:
    Astros vs Twins - Astros are up 2-1
    Orioles vs Rangers - Rangers win the series 3-0 and move on to the ALCS
    Braves vs Phillies - tied 1-1
    Diamondbacks vs Dodgers - Diamondbacks are up 2-0
The Rangers just made it pretty obvious that the Orioles were not prepared for the playoffs. Considering that the Orioles were the number one team in the American league during the regular season, it tells me their season record might have been a fluke.

I would like the Twins to win the next two games and move on. I like the Twins mainly because Rocco Baldelli is their manager and Christian Vazquez is their catcher.

I like Torey Lovullo. I also like Dave Roberts. I guess I want the Diamondbacks to win because as far as I know, they've only won the World Series once in their existence and the Dodgers have won several since they moved to Los Angeles.

As for the Braves and Phillies series, I guess I want the Braves to win because they aren't from Philadelphia.

This has been your baseball update.


I did a quick test today and I found that the difference between wireless internet speed and wired internet speed is really not all that significant:
The top display shows the speed my laptop gets over my wireless network. The bottom display shows the speed my laptop gets when connected directly to my router via a ethernet cable.

I can definitely live with that wireless speed.


Time to make some dinner and then settle in to watch some hockey. Maybe I'll check in on the baseball games as well.

Here are some links you should look at:


No comments: