Monday, October 16, 2023

Stick a fork in them

The Patriots are done.

With yesterday's loss to the Raiders, the Patriots are now 1-5, tied for last place in the AFC with the Broncos. That is not something they should be proud of and it isn't something they will overcome.

There are eleven games left in their season and even if they win six of those games, they will still have 7-10 record. Based on everything I've seen so far, they don't really stand a chance of winning six of those games.

It's time for Kraft to make some changes. It's time for Belichick to step out of his GM role. I believe he is still a good coach but he sucks at picking talent.

For instance, I pointed out to Pat that they got beat by three ex-Patriots yesterday - Meyers, Garoppolo and Hoyer.

In 2018, Belichick traded Garoppolo to the 49ers for a second round draft pick. He used that pick to draft a guy named Duke Dawson. Ever heard of him? Neither have I. That's because he never played a single minute for the Patriots and the following season Belichick traded Dawson to the Broncos for a sixth round draft pick.

Using that sixth round pick, they drafted Justin Herron, another guy you probably never heard of because he went directly on to the IR and the Patriots traded him the following year for another sixth round pick.

So basically, Bill traded Garoppolo for a sixth round draft pick.

Hoyer was the backup quarterback for Newton which is a shame because he was a better quarterback than Newton and he should have been playing. Instead the Patriots released him this past March and he was picked up by the Raiders.

As for Meyers, he hit free agency at the end of last season and Bill never made him a decent offer. Meyers was made a legitimate offer by the Raiders and the rest is history.

I'm not saying those three guys beat the Patriots all by themselves but I am saying those three guys a played a big part in the Raiders win.


In baseball news, the Rangers beat the Astros yesterday and are now up 1-0 in their best-of-seven ALCS. Game two started at 4:37 which is just about the same time I posted this.

The Phillies and Diamondbacks will start their best-of-seven NLCS series tonight at 8:00.

Go Diamondbacks!


My lawn is mowed and all the leaves have been removed.

Well, there were no leaves right now. I fully expect to wake up tomorrow to find a lot of leaves but that's okay. My goal is to not let so many leaves get on the lawn that I have to spend an entire day raking.

I hate raking.


It's taco night so I'm going to go make some taco's.

You should check these out:

No comments: