Saturday, March 30, 2024

I thought they had it.

I managed to stay awake long enough last night to see six innings of baseball and it turned out that the one homerun I saw the Mariners hit in the sixth was the only run of the game. The Red Sox lost 1-0.

Pivetta pitched a great game, going six innings, giving up three hits, one of which was the aforementioned homerun, striking out ten and walking zero. That is a pretty good outing.

Touching home plate was the problem last night. They had four hits and three walks but were unable to move a baserunner home. It certainly didn't help that their big hitter, Devers, was scratched from the lineup prior to game start with shoulder soreness.

Tonights game is once again at 9:40pm and I will try to make it through at least five innings, maybe six.


Rita Mae Brown, in her book Sudden Death, wrote the famous phrase, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Now I'm not saying that Rita was wrong or that I'm insane but I did spend a few hours today raking dirt and spreading grass seed in the hopes that one day in the near future, I will have a lush, green lawn.
Long time readers of this spewage will make note that despite my best efforts, I have never been successful with growing grass.

Oh sure, it sprouts and gives me hope but shortly after it reaches a point where I think I might need to mow it, it dies.

Guess we'll see what happens this time.


I'm going to make some burgers, watch a little golf, then a little hockey and try to stay awake long enough to watch some baseball.

Here are some links:

No comments: