Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tough day for my buddy John

We went to a wake for John's mom today. She lived a good long life but that doesn't make it any easier on her husband, her boys and her grandchildren.

It's hard when you lose a loved one.


The Bruins beat the Maple Leafs 4-1 in regulation last night.

I gotta tell you, those guys played like their jobs depended on it. I don't know what their coach told them after the embarrassing way they played against the Islanders the other day but whatever it was, it worked.

Their passing was sharp, their shots on goal were on target and they looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

Oh, and they kept their penalty minutes to eight minutes which, for them, is miraculous. Back in October, they were regularly racking up twenty minutes of penalty time.

They are back at it again tonight (which is never good for them), taking on the Oilers. Puck drops at 7:30pm.


The Red Sox beat the Rays 7-4 this afternoon but things took a bad turn for them today. Giolito, the guy they signed during the off season to be their star pitcher, was diagnosed with a pitching arm problem. And when I say "problem", I mean he might need season-ending surgery.

I'm not entirely sure what they will do if it turns out he isn't available but they have to do something. If Breslow were to pick up a phone and call me for advice, I would remind him that there are a couple of decent pitchers still on the free-agent market...

So anyways, the Red Sox will play the Twins tomorrow and it looks like I will once again be listening to the game by streaming WEEI AM on Alexa.


Here's another entry in the "I get the best spam" list:
Apparently I have to verify my Spectrum immediately...


Dinner is turkey and various fixin's. If the tryptophan doesn't put me to sleep, I'll watch hockey.

Here are some links:

No comments: