Sunday, March 31, 2024

It's Easter

Or as my friend Brad used to say, "It's Zombie Jesus Day!"

If he said that anywhere around his catholic mom, she would beat the shit out of him which told me that I probably should not say it around my uber-catholic mom.

So anyways, to all you christian peoples, have a nice Easter. To everyone else, go clean up your lawns fer cripes sake. Your leaves are blowing all over the place.


The Bruins beat the Capitals in a shoot-out last night, grabbing the two points and securing a spot in the playoffs.

They have also moved up a bit in the overall league standings.

Their next game is Tuesday when they take on the Predators down in Nashville. Puck drops at 8:00.


The Red Sox managed to lose 4-3 in the tenth inning last night but I didn't see that. When I went to bed, it was tied 1-1 at the top of the eighth inning.

I thought Crawford pitched a great game. He went six innings, gave up one run, walked one and struck out seven. The problem happened when Cora sent a kid named Joely Rodriguez in to pitch in the tenth who probably should not have made the team out of spring training, never mind being put into a high-stress situation in his first appearance.

When the Red Sox broke camp, they sent Cooper Criswell, Joe Jacques and Brennan Bernardino down to Worcester and kept Rodriguez. I was a little shocked by that decision because Bernardino spent last season proving himself to be a pretty good reliever.

Todays game was at a much more sensible hour and since I was able to watch the whole game, the Red Sox decided to win.

Cora still brought Rodriguez in during the ninth inning but he faced only one batter and walked him. That was when Cora decided that rather than have another melt down, he pulled him out and put a guy named Slaten to shut down the Mariners and win the game.

They need to re-evaluate their decision to put Rodriguez on the roster...

So the Red Sox split their four game series with the Mariners and are now 2-2. They face the Athletics tomorrow. First pitch is at 9:40 so I won't be watching all of that game.


I'm going to watch Nelly Korda try to win the Ford Championship and then fall asleep.

Just to be clear, I'm going to fall asleep, not Korda. Although she might fall asleep. I don't know. All I know is that I'm talking about me falling asleep.

You can see if these are any good:

No comments: