Thursday, March 7, 2024

Those girls can play golf

I watched the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate Woman's Golf Tournament yesterday evening and man, those college kids can play some pretty damned good golf. One player shot a 7 under par 64.

For those of you that don't golf, seven under is a great score. It's what the majority of professional PGA/LPGA players shoot.

But my question here really is, "What the hell does Hootie have to do with college woman's golf and why is he sponsoring that tournament?"

I gotta be honest with you, the last thing I expected from a country singer named Hootie would be a golf tournament, but after reading his wikipedia entry, it turns out that he is deeply involved in both philanthropy and sports.
    Rucker has regularly worked with charities that support sick and underprivileged children, via benefit concerts, volunteering, the World Golf Foundation's The First Tee Program, and the Hootie & The Blowfish Foundation which has raised nearly $4.5 million to provide funding to public education systems throughout South Carolina.
In other words, he's basically a good person who likes sports and can sing.


I don't care what the courts say, I still think these are a violation of the fourth amendment:
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
You should notice that the amendment does not specify special places or say "sometimes" when defining your right to personal security.

You have a constitutional guarantee of personal security and privacy at all times. If you are operating your vehicle on a public road in a safe and legal manner, obeying all the rules of the road, any interruption and/or detention by government authorities seems unreasonable to me.

Then again, I'm no legal scholar so what the hell do I know.


Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution says:
    He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union...
So my question is, do I watch the comedy that will undoubtedly ensue when Goofy Joe bumbles his way through a speech where he attempts to speak english in a comprehensive and clear manner while identifying people/locations correctly or do I watch the Bruins play the Maple Leafs?

I'm betting the hockey game will be more to my liking but that speech is probably going to be a goldmine for the late-night tv shows.


Time to eat some dinner and then watch some hockey.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: