Friday, March 29, 2024

Off to a good start

The Red Sox beat the Mariners 6-4 last night and my optimism level is now off the chart.

Look, I understand that the Red Sox ownership has decided to spend as little as possible on the team. I get that they didn't make any big acquisitions of players over the off-season. With Giolito out for the season, I know they do not have any pitchers that can currently go more than six innings.

I also know that they have a bunch of ball players that seem to love playing the game and really want to win. Every player on that team appears happy to be there and I get the impression that they are looking to end the season laughing in the face of all the "experts" that said they were a last place team

And for the record, I made it through three innings before going to bed. Not bad for an old guy...

First pitch is at 9:40 tonight so maybe I'll make it through four innings tonight.

Speaking of baseball, the so-called "experts" have once again made their predictions for the season.

Here's what they predict the ALEast will look like at the end of the season:


I found this picture and the more I look at it, the more I laugh:


Before I leave you for the day, I just want to remind you that the President of the United States once used the Oval Office to sell beans.

Now he's selling bibles but currently not from the Oval Office.


Time for dinner and then watching the LPGA Ford Championship until it's time for baseball.

Here are a few links:

No comments: