Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Lawn equipment tests out just fine

Today was the day I dragged out the lawnmowers & leaf blowers to make sure everything worked and I'm pleased to say that all is well.

I still need to change the oil on everything and I probably should get new blades for both my push mower & lawn tractor. I also need to change the air and oil filters on everything.

Maintenance is key to having a machine last as long as possible. I priced new lawn tractors the other day and cheap one is around $2,000. To replace mine with the same model would be around $3,200.

An oil change and replcement of both filters costs about $20.

Seems that it is smarter to spend $20 every spring instead of $3,000 every five years


I'm in trouble with The Vet.

I took The Dog in for her annual checkup this afternoon and it turns out she may have gained a few pounds.

I am now under orders to not give her a constant stream of treats. One in the morning and one in the afternoon is okay but no more than that.

You know what? She's right. I have been giving The Dog way too many treats. Problem is that The Dog knows how to turn on those puppy dog eyes while standing in front of the cabinet that houses her treats. I just need to remember to not give in.

I'll let you know how that goes...


The Red Sox beat the Yankees 9-4 this afternoon and I did not watch the game.

When I turned on NESN, I was greeted with the crew from YES. Turns out that NESN's new approach to spring training away games is to take the feed from the home team.

I really hope they don't start doing that during the regular season

Tomorrow they play the Phillies and I'll be streaming the game on WEEI-AM. First pitch is at 1:05.


If you are currently on I-91, you are screwed:

Turns out there is a multi-vehicle accident at the south end bridge and that means you are not going anywhere.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: