Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Two losses

The Bruins lost on OT again last night. I'm not suprised since they played the night before and were probably spent by the time they hit the ice for this game.

Still, it wasn't like they played poorly. The score was 0-0 through 2¼ periods when the Bruins went up 1-0. Then, with about one minute left to play in the game, the Oilers. tied it 1-1.

The Oilers scored the game winner about two minutes into the OT period, ending the game 2-1.

The Bruins are off today and they pick it up again tomorrow against the Maples Leafs. Hopefully with the same results they had the last time they played the Maple Leafs.


As for the Red Sox, they got whomped pretty good by the Twins this afternoon. The final score of the game was 7-1 but I don't worry too much about these games. This is the time in spring training where they start finalizing their roster so they are playing everybody.

They usually start the guys who are already on the roster and then swap them out for guys that are trying to get on the roster. This leads to some interetsing game play. And by interesting, I mean maybe not so good.

Tomorrow they take on the Braves and Pivetta will start the game. If I were Cora, I'd want to see him go three innings, maybe four. I'd want to see him deliver 50 or 60 pitches before calling it quits.

Tomorrow's game starts at 1:00 and it looks like ESPN is carrying it. This means I will probably have Castiglione streaming over my Alexa while watching the game on television because I don't like the way ESPN covers a ball game. They spend way too much time talking about the New York Aaron Judges.


With Haley dropping out of the race, it's safe to say that the presidential primaries are now officially over with.

Our choices this November will be Donald "Drink some of that Lysol to cure your covid!" Trump and Joseph "Egypt, Cuba, Gaza, Ukraine, whatever." Biden.

Am I the only one that is concerned that of all the people in this country, the best the two political parties can offer us is those two?

Once again, we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils and, unfortunately, they are both equally poor choices.


Powell, the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, spoke before congress today and amazingly enough, I did not lose my shirt.


Here are some links:

No comments: