Saturday, September 7, 2013

I failed to stay awake

I made it until almost 9:30 last night but that was as far as I got. I never got to see the rocket as it climbed into space.

*

When I fell asleep, the Red Sox were down by 2 runs and it did not look promising. When I woke up at 5:00, I checked the internets and found that they had managed to rally and beat the Yankees 12-8.

This puts the Red Sox back up above .600, they hold a seven and a half game lead in the American League East, a three game lead in the American League and they are only half a game behind the Braves in all of MLB.

Not bad for a team who at this time last year was below .500, in last place in the AL East and pretty much eliminated from any possible post-season play.

As for today, the took a commanding lead but the Yankees weren't going to be ignored. At one point, the score was 12-3 in favor of the Red Sox but the Yankees made a run, scored 6 runs and the score was 12-9 going into the ninth inning.

Fortunately, the Red Sox decided they weren't going to be ignored either and that was how the game ended.

It's a good time to be a Red Sox fan.

*

Since my daughter is home for the weekend, my wife decided she wanted fried clams for dinner so we went out to a little seafood joint nearby.

Now we all have food babies.

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: