Monday, September 30, 2013

Tie-breaker will be played tonight.

The Rays and the Rangers ended the regular season with identical records. Since that record was good enough to qualify for the wild card, they need to hold a tie-breaker to determine which one of them will be the second wild card team in the American League.

I hope it's the Rangers.

I would like to see the Rangers take on the Indians because of their managers. It would be fun to watch either Ron Washington or Terry Francona play against John Farrell in the ALDS.

Having said that, I fully expect the Red Sox to beat whomeever they play amd move on to the ALCS against the winner of the ALDS "B" series (probably going to be Oakland but who knows).

As for the National League, I'm kind of hoping the Pirates win wild card game tomorrow night and move into the NLDS. Pittsgurgh hasn't had a team in the playoffs in a long time and it's kind of nice to see them starting to make a come back. I seriously doubt they have the where-with-all to make it into the World Series but if they do, I would be happy to sit back and watch a Pirates / Red Sox matchup.

*

I have a feeling that when we wake up tomorrow morning, we're going to find that the federal government is shut down.

Wait, that's a lie. Let me rephrase that:

I have a feeling that when we wake up tomorrow morning, we're going to find that the federal government has stopped providing services to the citizens of the United States.

The government itself is, amazing as this sounds, exempt from the shutdown. The President will still get paid, the congress will still get paid and the senate will get paid.

Isn't it funny that the group of morons we elected to run this country have somehow managed to exempt themselves from everything they do.

Wait, that's a lie. Let me rephrase that:

Isn't it funny that us morons are shocked by the fact that the slime-balls we elected to run this country have somehow managed to exempt themselves from everything they do.

Maybe a true government shutdown would be the best thing for this country.

*

I don't have much in the way of links but the few I do have are here:

No comments: