Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Long Day = Kinda Short Post

Today was a long day.

Not a stressful day or a tough day, just a long day.

*

So President Obama has decided that he should let congress have some say in any possible attack on Syria. I think that's a good idea. I thought it was a good idea when President Bush went to congress before he invaded Afghanistan and I thought it was a good idea when President Bush went to congress before he invaded Iraq so I think it's a good thing that President Obama goes before congress before doing anything to Syria.

I still think getting involved in Syria is a dumb idea. I thought it was a dumb idea to invade Afghanistan and I thought it was a dumb idea to invade Iraq so I think it's a dumb idea to attack Syria.

As a matter of fact, I think we should be encouraging dictators over in the middle-east because they seem to be the only people with the wear-with-all to bring any stability. Let's face it, the most stable country over there is Saudi Arabia and they have one of the most dictatorial forms of government in existence - a kingdom passed from father to son.

The House of Saud has ruled that particular stretch of desert since the 1700's. They have ruled it because they were the meanest SOBs in the area and they pretty much killed anyone that stood in their way. Oh sure, there was a stretch of trouble during the late 1800's when some guy named Faisal managed to wrest power from them but by 1902, they were back in the game, kicking ass and taking names.

So for the last 112 years, the Saud's have managed to control and stabilize the area known as Saudi Arabi. During that entire time, other than the whole binladen thing, things have been pretty damned quiet over there.

Why is that bad?

*

Try these links:

No comments: