Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Good news is always good.

The company I work for has been going through a fairly significant modification of work habits and culture over the last few years. The implementation of the process is very regimented and it is being rolled out through the organization in waves.

There have been four waves so far and they are starting on the fifth wave this month. My area was involved in both waves three and four but it never reached my little corner of the world.

We got word yesterday that due to the complex nature of the work we do, we would not be impacted by the new methods. They felt that we (my team) were already as finely tuned as we could be but that we might benefit from some of the tools they are providing.

What this means to me is they are leaving me to continue doing the job I like to do the way I like to do it while at the same time providing me with some tools that might help me do it better.

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

Today we are the windshield...

*

Here are some links you might want to click on:

No comments: