Monday, February 17, 2014

Guess what!

It's gonna snow again tomorrow!

Isn't that great!

....

*

So my friend, and occasional contributor to The Daily News©, Chris, posted on his facebook page that it has been 8 years since his life was forever altered.

I met Chris 12 or 13  years ago when he volunteered to help me coach a bunch of out-of-control middle school baseball players. I'm not sure he knew what he was getting in to but he stuck it out, learned a few things and we became friends.

I pick my friends wisely. I always have and I always will.

I don't have a lot of them but the ones I do have are all of the same type.

My friends are the people you want standing next to you if you ever find yourself in a bad situation.

They are the type of people who will stand back-to-back with you in a dark alley on a bad night.

They won't give you their last $10.00 but they will use it to buy a six pack and commiserate with you.

Chris is one of those people and that is why a lot of us are glad he survived that night and is still around to drive us all just a little nuts.

*
Try these links:


No comments: