Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I'm tired.

John says it's because I'm old and, to be honest with you, I can't disagree with him.

Attention people that are not yet old:
    Get all the sleep you can because when you get old, your ability to sleep for any length of time goes away.
This has been your notification to people who are not yet old.

When I was a teenager, and even up into my 20s, I could come home at 2:30 in the morning, crawl into bed and sleep until 1:00 in the afternoon. That was some seriously good sleep and I always felt pretty damned good afterwards.

Then I got old and my sleep pattern changed to:

9:00pm-fall asleep
11:00pm-wake up and go pee
11:30pm-fall asleep
2:00am-wake up and go pee
2:30am-fall asleep
5:00am-get woken up by the dog, who needs to go pee
6:30am-go to work
Noon-get some lunch
1:00pm-try to stay awake at desk. Realize I need to go pee
4:00pm-go home and fall asleep in recliner
4:05pm-get woken up by dog who is agitated because I didn't let him out to pee when I got home

As you can see, I rarely get more than 4 hours of sleep but dammit, my urinary tract is working at full speed!

So anyways, I'm tired and I don't feel like spending a lot of time reading "news" websites looking for actual news

It's hard because the stories you read aren't really news. The self-aggrandizing drivel published by the media outlets to make themselves or their chosen politician look good.

It's hard work and requires that I concentrate.

I don't feel like concentrating.

*

While I get some highly unsatisfying yet completely worthless sleep, you can click these links:

No comments: