Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I kind of like working from home

I'm thinking that this working from home thing is a pretty damned good idea and I should do it more often.

I was on a conference call with about forty individuals this morning and none of them were at the office. We were sharing computer screens and chatting about stuff when it occurred to me that we live in some pretty cool times.

When I was a kid, my father went to work. There were no "snow days" and no ability to work at home, there was only work. Now, I can plug my computer into my network at home, connect to the network at the office, transfer my phone over to my computer and it's just like I was sitting at my desk.

You gotta love technology.

*

From what I can tell, we got between 8 and 10 inches of snow. This is the first time this winter the weather dweebs have been remotely close to being correct with their predictions.

*

My driveway is clean and my taxes are done.

I am a happy guy.

*

You can click on these links if you want:

No comments: