Monday, February 3, 2014

It stunk in more ways than one.

Despite my earlier statements, I did watch almost all of the super bowl.

Oops. I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm not allowed to say "super bowl". Let me start over.

...

Despite my earlier statements, I did indeed watch almost all of that massive waste of time and energy that the NFL put on last night.

Right from the very start it was a fiasco for the Broncos when the center decided to snap the ball into the end zone and Denver's offensive line decided to let every Seahawk on the field run into the end zone after the ball. Turns out that the one lone Bronco in the end zone managed to fall on the ball first and it resulted in a 2 point touch-back instead of a 6 point touchdown.

After that, it became obvious that Payton Manning most have flown into New Jersey with his stash of legal Colorado weed because he was throwing the football like a guy who was fully baked. When he threw the ball, I don't think he had a single clue as to where it was going. he was throwing it all over the place.

Well, not all over the place, just to anyone wearing a white/green jersey.

But that's not the worst part of the so-called "super game". (Actually, I like Stephen Colbert's name for it - "The Superb Owl")

The worst part were all the lame commercials.

The one thing that you could always count on the day after the Superb Owl was all the talk in the office about the commercials. Everyone would tell you what they thought was the best one, which was the worst one and how good the Budweiser commercials were.

Today, no one even mentioned the commercials. All anyone would talk about was the look on Peyton Manning's face when the center snapped the ball over his head into the end zone.

Let me remind you one more time - Curling starts in 8 days and pitchers & catchers report in 12 days.

*

These links are for you:

No comments: