Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Can we stop using the catch-phrase "World Class"?

I am sick and tired of hearing companies use the words "World Class" to describe themselves.

What the hell does it mean anyways?

Does it mean that it's the best in the world?

I doubt it.

Best is an opinion, not description. For instance, I think Ford's are best and you think Kia's are best. You are obviously deranged and wrong but far be it from me to correct you and your silly little opinion.

Does it mean that it's world wide?

Big Y uses the phrase "World Class" in the name of it's stores but I'm pretty sure they are a local company.

They should change their name to "Big Y Springfield and Surrounding Communities Class Market".

It's a meaningless and annoying phrase.

Stop using it.

*

You might enjoy these links:

No comments: