Thursday, May 19, 2016

Terrible day

My oldest and dearest friend passed away today.

I've known him since we were three years old. He was my first friend, my best friend and a great friend. He lived two houses down from me and if he wasn't at my house, I was at his house. My mom was his mom and his mom was my mom.

He was 58 years old, a loving husband, a wonderful son and a great dad. He was generous to a fault and, as a friend, his loyalty was beyond compare. There was nothing he wouldn't do for me and nothing I wouldn't do for him.

There's an old joke that says a friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend is in the jail cell with you.

His name was Brian. and I can say with complete conviction that if I had ever been arrested, Brian probably would have been right there with me.

This sucks. The world needs more people like Brian, not fewer.

I'm going to miss him.

A lot.

No comments: