Tuesday, May 3, 2016

No flying today.

Northampton Airport is listed at 120 feet above mean sea level (MSL). When you enter the pattern at any airport, you want your altitude on the downwind leg to be about 1,000 feet above the runway's MSL. That means that landing at Northampton requires that the aircraft be at 1,100 feet on the downwind leg.

Today, the clouds base was below 1,000 feet.

Student pilots are not allowed to operate in the clouds. Ever.

That means there were no touch & go's for me today.

I did, however, complete my pre-solo exam and we (my instructor and myself) went over it. When we were done with that, he said, "So when do you get your medical? Because once that is done, I'm going to let you solo."

Looks like I might actually get my pilots license one of these days.


The Red Sox are out in Chicago to play the White Sox. According to the Weather Channel, it's going to rain in Chicago this evening so they may not actually get to play baseball.

Only time will tell.

But trust me, if they do play, I'll be watching until I fall sound asleep in my recliner.


You can click on these links:

No comments: