Friday, May 20, 2016

Yet another great day of flying.

I flew yesterday and it was kind of okay. Not the best of landings but not the worst and each one was survivable.

Today was a different story.

I told my instructor, who is fast becoming a friend, about Brian and that I felt like I wanted today to be a good day. I wanted something positive to happen.

Let me just say that Nadia Comaneci got nothing on me.

I stuck the landings.

All eleven of them were quality landings. And by that I mean a landing that didn't break either the plane or the people. Even the landing that started to get away from me because I came in too short ended up a success. The plane started to settle too soon and suddenly stalled about 5 feet above the runway. I landed a little hard on all three wheels with a bit of a bounce but I landed just the same and was able to get it back into the air without so much as sideways look from my instructor.

I am looking forward to getting my medical certificate because as soon as I get that, I can solo.

That means I will have met the requirements to fly a plane and it's only a matter of time before I meet the requirements to not only fly a plane but to fly it to different locations and carry passengers.

I am looking forward to the day when I can say, "Hey! Guess what? I'm a freakin' pilot!"

Oh, and just to frighten any small children that might be looking at this, here is a picture I took of myself while I was pre-flighting the aircraft.

Ain't I adorable...

I hate pictures of myself.


You can click on these if you are so inclined:

No comments: