Monday, May 28, 2018

New hinges make life better.

Several years ago I put a touch of oil on some door hinges that were squeaking and while it eliminated the squeak, it caused the hinges to act like really slow autoclosers. You would open a door and within 2 or 3 minutes, the door would be closed again.

Also, the door hinges in this house are about 40 years old and while that's young in door hinge age, they have not weathered well. They have been abused. Some of them have begun to rust and others are scratched so it's time to start the replacement process.

One down, eleven more to go.


I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day and maybe gave a thought or two to the fallen. I know I did:

I would also like to point out how nice my lawn looks.

I wonder if it will still look like that in July, August or September.


It was a good afternoon for baseball because not only did the Red Sox manage to kick the Blue Jays ass, the Astros managed stomped on the Yankees. This means the Red Sox remain in first place with a two game lead over the Yankees.

I guess the New York Aaron Judges starring Giancarlo aren't playing as well as they would like.


I'm going to make some giant portobello mushrooms with a seafood stuffing for dinner.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: