Friday, May 11, 2018

Well, at least they won one of three

There was a one hour rain delay in the fifth inning that pushed the game past my bedtime. When I went to bed, the Red Sox were up 4-0 so I was pretty happy.

When I woke up this morning, I checked the box score and saw that the Yankees tied the game in the seventh when Hembree served up some softballs. Kelly came in to finish off the seventh and then pitch eighth.

Thankfully Martinez got served a softball of his own in the eighth and golfed a home run in the to give the Red Sox a one run lead.

Young Mr. Kimbrel stepped up in the ninth and got the save for Kelly, securing the win for the Red Sox.

They are in Toronto this evening to start a three game series against the Blue Jays. I would love to see them take all three of those games and return to Boston with the lead in the AL.


As for me, I mowed my lawn this afternoon when I got home from work, my wife has been working the insurance people so we can get my daughters car into the shop and the dogs have been, well, dogs.

All is well with the world.


While I watch baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: