Saturday, May 26, 2018

Two game winning streak

The Red Sox DFAd Hanley Ramirez which I'm betting pisses him off right now. But that's only temporary.

In about 10 days, he'll be playing for someone else while still being paid his $15 million by the Red Sox. I'm betting he'll end up with a few extra million added to that salary for the remainder of the season.


As for the Red Sox, they won yesterday and they won again today. The Yankees also won last night but they won't be playing until 7:00 this evening. as it stands right now, the Red Sox are one and a half games ahead of the Yankees. If the Yankees beat the Angels tonight, they will pick u that half game to be only one game behind. If they lose tonight, they will be two games behind.

Let's hope the Yankees lose.


Alan Bean died today.

He was my favorite astronaut because he was the guy who not only went to the moon, he entertained us while he was there. He treated his space flight like it was his own personal science project and he wanted to share it with all of us.

He was also the guy who hit a golf ball on the moon.

My childhood heroes are slowly passing into history.


For the last few years, I have been trying to find a particular species of tree to plant in my front year. I was never sure what it was called or where I could find one, I just knew the leaves kinda looked like marijuana.

Specifically, I have been looking for a red maple that doesn't grow higher than 20 or 25 feet, has a nice spread to it and it stays red until its leaves fall off.

Well, my wife and daughter found it for me:

It's called a Japanese Blood Maple and this is what it will look like in about 10 years:

I hope I'm still alive to enjoy it.


Here are some links for you:

No comments: