Sunday, May 6, 2018

We have a new dog door

I spent several hours last month being all woodworkee and I created a dog door that would fit between the rails and stiles of our screen door. Unfortunately, my design was flawed and door would not open all the way once it was installed.

This made the door unusable because any door that you can't go in or out of isn't a door, it's a wall.

I bought a replacement for the plastic one that we've had for a couple of years and I installed it. I got to looking it and thinking about the way the old one tended to damage the screen becasue of how much stress it put on the screen and decided I could improve it.

I found a nice piece of clear pine I had laying around and I ripped it into 1 inch strips. Then I cut those strips to length so they fit between the window frame and painted them to match the house.

After the paint dried, I attached the strips to the frame and the dog door to the strips.

The door is now solidly held in place by the two horizontal strips and there is no stress on the screen at all. Hopefully the Small Emergency Backup Dog remembers to go through the door and not the screen on either side of it.


The Red Sox managed to beat the Rangers last night and then again this afternoon, taking 3 of the four games in their series. This means they remain one game ahead of the Yankees in the standings.

They are off tomorrow when they will travel back to the east coast where they will play a three game series against the aforementioned Yankees starting this Tuesday.

It would be nice if they can take at least two of the three games against the Yankees to open their lead up to three games.


Now I'm going to go find something for dinner. After that I'll figure out what I want to take for lunch tomorrow and then settle in to watch some bad television.

While I do all of that, you can visit these links:

No comments: