Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A second human has been cured of HIV

Back in 2007, a person who was HIV positive was given a stem cell transplant. That person, known as the Berlin Patient, has been HIV free since the transplant.

Doctors in England recently gave a second person a similar stem cell transplant and that person, known as the London Patient, has been HIV free for the last 18 months.

Looks like there is going to be some serious research done on this particular stem cell transplant and if things work out, this just might be a cure for a terrible disease.

I love shit like this. It fascinates me when scientists and doctors suddenly discover something that cures an incurable disease.


The Red Sox beat the Nationals today and I did not pay any attention to it. I was a little busy doing work things and I had no extra cycles for baseball.

I'm hoping to pay attention tomorrow when they play the Pirates.


While my wife and I try to figure out we want to do about dinner, you can visit these links:

No comments: