Saturday, March 16, 2019

And she's home

Last night my wife and I drove down to the airport to retrieve our daughter and her little companion, The Small Emergency Backup Dog.

She is glad to be home for the week, away from school and it's pressures. She is at a point in her education where she is close to finishing up the majority of the book learnin' and moving on to the practical stuff in the form of rotations at various veterinary facilities.

The pressures on her and her classmates are pretty substantial. Also, the rotations go through the summer so this week is probably the last week she will be home until she graduates in a year.

It's nice to have her home.

Also, The Large Main Dog seems pleased to have his girlfriend/playmate home. I've already decided that he's probably going to need daily doses of anti-inflammatory meds to ease the joint pains he's going to be suffering. The two of them act like puppies when they get together and he's kinda old for that level of activity.

As for me, I'm tired.

We didn't get home until almost 11:00 and I didn't fall asleep until midnight. Those of you that know me know that is waaaayyyy past my bedtime.


I completed a task today that's been on my list of things to do for the last couple of months - I replaced all ten rollers on my garage door.

The bearings on all of the roller were completely shot and with no bearings, the wheels wobbled & squealed. The door sounded like something out of a horror movie when it went up and down.

Now it sounds like a garage door.


The Red Sox hosted the Atlanta Braves today and I was able to watch.

Chris Sale struck out 7 over 4 innings and looked pretty damned good. Pedroia managed to play 4 innings. His bating isn't quite were it used to be but that will improve in time. Lets face it, the guy hasn't played in a baseball game since last May.

Anyways, today's game was a good game to watch. The Red Sox won 6-1.

I chatted with my Florida buddy, Walt, but he wasn't at the game. They had visitors so he sold his seats to today's game.


You can click on these if you want:

No comments: