Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mothers Day

To my wife, my sisters, my cousins and my friends that are all mothers, I hope you had an enjoyable and restful day.


Crappy day weather-wise but we still managed to have a decent day. My wife told our kids to not make any surprise visits today so it was just her and I. We went to Outback for lunch and then to Costco to stock up on all of the large things we needed to stock up on.

It turns out going to Costco on Mothers Day is a very popular thing to do because, man, was it crowded.

And a lot of those people were there for social hour. They like to park their large shopping carts in the middle the aisle and chit-chat with each other while the rest of us back up behind them like bodies in the sewers of Paris during the black plague.

I just want to yell at them, "Get your fat ass out of the main aisle! Can't you see I'm trying to get my package of 12 oversized corn muffins and this 3 pound bag of almonds to the checkout!"


Despite a steady rain/drizzle,  the Red Sox played baseball today and they completed the sweep of the Mariners. This improved their record to .537, only 3 games behind the Rays and 2½ behind the Yankees. They are also the current holder of the second wild card slot in the AL.

Granted, it's way too early to think about wild card slots but still, it's nice to now they are in contention.

Then, to make my day even better, the Bruins beat the Hurricanes 6-2 this afternoon. That puts them 2-0 in their best-of-seven series and only two wins away from a trip to the Stanley Cup finals.

The one thing I noticed is that they are once again taking advantage of the power play situations and scoring goals. They must have listened to me.

It's a good day to be a sports fan from Massachusetts.


While I digest my lunch and watch bad television, you can click on these:

No comments: