Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Go O's!

The Orioles have tied the series with the Yankees at one game each. They now move on to New York where the Yankees will have the home field advantage. Fortunately for the Orioles, sometimes that doesn't matter.

As for the Athletics, well, what can I say. They are down 2 games to none against the Tigers. Now they move on to Oakland where they will have the home field advantage. Fortunately for the Athletics, sometimes that matters.

As for my secret team, the Wationals, they lost yesterday and their series is now tied. They now move on to Nashington where they will have the home field advantage. Fortunately for the Wationals, that matters.

*

I read a story in the Boston Herald that kind of pissed me off a bit. It was about the "Rose Kennedy Greenway" in downtown Boston and who pays for its upkeep.

After reading the story, I did a little research and found that the state provides slightly more than $2,000,000.00 a year in funding. This is above and beyond the private donations that they collect from all the gullible rich folk out in Boston.

It might just be me but $2 million sure sounds like a lot of money for what amounts to a long, skinny lawn.

And since I am who I am, I have to wonder what our state senator thinks of all this:
    Dear State Senator Gale Candaras,

    Would you please be so kind as to publicly state your position on the status of the use of our tax dollars to fund a strip of grass in the middle of Boston that is named after the matriarch of one of the wealthiest, and sleasiest, families in the state.

    Just to be clear, this is a strip of grass that covers a highway that was paid for by our federal tax dollars and is still being paid for by our state tax dollars.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Sincerely,
    Your Constituents out here in Wilbraham.
I doubt I'll get a reply.

Maybe instead of bitching on the internet, I should write a letter to the editor of our weekly newspaper and see if she'll reply to that.

*

Here are some links you might enjoy:


No comments: