Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's getting more and more interesting.

Jack Welch has expounded on his statement yesterday accusing the White House of manipulating the unemployment numbers.

If you read what he is saying in the interview, you'll see his logic. He says,
    "To hold the unemployment rate even as the population grows the economy needs to add between 150,000 and 200,000 jobs a month. We haven't reached those numbers at all."
What he's saying is in order to keep the unemployment rate at the same level each month, you have to add lots of jobs to keep up with population growth.

I would like to say that he is right but I think I can prove that he is wrong.

Like really wrong.

The population of eligible workers is not growing, it's dropping.

How do I know this?

I know it because every American who has picked up a newspaper or watched the news in the last 10 years can tell you that the Social Security fund will soon become unsustainable.

The reason it's becoming unsustainable is because the number of new retirees is growing faster than the number of new eligible workers.

If the number of retirees is growing faster then the number of new eligible workers, then it stands to reason that the total number of eligible workers is declining, not growing.

And aside from my number crunching, there's also this little story from Huffington that might be a little short on facts but still reasonably believable. Basically he's saying that Welch is one of the best at "cooking the books".

Yes, yes, I know it's opinion but then again, everything is opinion. As a matter of fact, a lot of the stuff you read here is no more than child-like babble so take what I say for what it's worth....

And by the way, none of this bullsh!t that I just typed helps me make a decision on who I should vote for next month.

But then again...

*

Attention Pat. In case you end up doing something crazy like, oh I don't know, maybe moving to Ludlow or something, here's a screen shot of a speed test I ran this afternoon via SpeakEasy.net.



I would think that Charter in Ludlow should deliver similar, if not better, speeds.

*

Here are todays links:


No comments: