Friday, October 5, 2012

Twitter is an interesting place.

I have a twitter account but I only look at it occasionally because it's filled with drivel about the Red Sox. The reason it's filled with Red Sox drivel is because I follow a lot of baseball writers and players.

All that aside, I have found that the world of Twitter can occasionally hold some gems of wisdom or humor.

For example, The Bureau of Labor Statistics released the September non-farm jobs report this morning stating the the unemployment rate had fallen from 8.1 to 7.8 percent in September.

Alan B. Krueger, Chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers and a member of the President's Cabinet, immediatly focused in on the 8.1 to 7.8 change and made the following statement:
    "It is critical that we continue the policies that are building an economy that works for the middle class as we dig our way out of the deep hole that was caused by the severe recession that began in December 2007."
This was immediately followed by a Twitter/Tweeter/Thingee from Mr. Jack Welch (Former CEO and Chairman of G.E.) who said,
Now I'm not saying that Jack Welch is right, or that the White House isn't lying through President Obamas teeth, I'm just saying that I find it pretty amazing that I live in a world and at a time where the President of the United States and one of the most powerful business leaders of our day can get into a pissing match with each other and I get to watch it happen in real time.

*

Enjoy these links:


No comments: