Friday, October 12, 2012

Go O's!

The Athletics have been eliminated by the Tigers but the Orioles forced a game 5 with the Yankees. The Nationals also managed to force a game 5 with the Cardinals. Both games will be played this evening and I will try to watch both of them.

Of course, the operative word in that previous statement is "try".

I will more than likely will make it through the Orioles/Yankees game which starts at 5:00 but the Cardinals/Nationals game doesn't start until 8:30. That means I'll probably make it through two or three innings before I go unconscious.

*

I managed to catch two bats.

The woman who lives across the street from me took one of her shutters down yesterday and she immediately ran screaming across her front yard. I went over to see what she was screaming about and she pointed to the bats hanging on the wall where the shutter used to be.

I told her not to worry, got myself a pair of leather gloves and went over to catch the bats.

I managed to get two of them but the third decided to fly off and then come back to land on my pants leg. It ain't everyday you got two bats in your hand and one bat hanging on your leg but hey, it's kind of what my life is normally like.

So anyways, I figured since I had two in my hand and one on my pants leg, I had them all and I started to walk towards the woods.

That lasted about three steps when the bat hanging on my pants leg decided that it wasn't going to have any of this and it took off - straight towards the screaming woman.

The bat was flying & swooping & peeing (bats pee when they are frightened) and the woman was running & dodging & squeaking (I don't know if she was peeing but she was frightened).

I haven't seen a girl go nuts like that since the day Brian Quirk dropped a frog down Barbara Aikens back in the second grade.

It was great.

*

If you would like, you can click on these links while I watch some baseball:


No comments: