Sunday, October 21, 2012

Rumors are nothing more than rumors

At least until they are fact. Once they become fact, they are no longer rumors.

The Red Sox have sent short stop Mike Aviles to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for manager John Farrell and first baseman Adam Lind.

If that rumor is true, then as far as I'm concerned, Ben Cherington is a far better GM than Theo Epstein will ever be. In one move, he has managed to not only acquire the type of manager that the Red Sox need, he has freed up a slot for one of those up-and-coming kids (Pedro Ciriaco and Jose Iglesias) and he has picked up a decent first baseman to fill the void left with the trade of Adrian Gonzalez.

But, like the title says, rumors are nothing more than rumors. I understand the official announcement will be made this evening or tomorrow. That's when We'll know who is where and what are they doing.

*

I have completed the task of cleaning my back yard of leaves. That made it easy for me to clean my back yard of dog poop. So now my back yard is leaf and poop free.

For the moment....

*

Here are todays links:


No comments: