Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm getting ready for Sandy.

I am normally not a paranoid guy but after what we went through at the end of October last year, I'm not taking any chances.

I've filled my generator gas tank to the top, my snow blowers gas tank to the top, my lawn tractors gas tank to the top and then I refilled both of my gas cans. This means I have about 17 gallons of gas on hand. That's probably enough gasoline to last me four or five days. Maybe six if I conserve.

I hope I don't need it but if I do, I've got it.

*

The one thing I haven't done in the last year that I wished I had done is install some kind of external television antenna.

Using an internal antenna ("rabbit ears" for you people that are old enough to remember television antennas), I can just barely get WGGB, WGBY and WHDM. In this digital age, the signal is either on or it's off so when the weather changes, I lose the signal and end up with a black screen. With an external antenna, I might be able to get WWLP, WCVB, WTIC and two or three Boston stations in addition to the ones mentioned previously.

All of these channel are in reasonably high definition and are crystal clear as long as the weather behaves. This lets me watch the news and stay aware of what's going on with not only our little disaster but also everywhere else in the world.

I like being aware of what's going on.

Also, I can watch WipeOut on ABC.

I like watching WipeOut.

*

Enjoy these links:


No comments: