Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hotel rooms in Boston are freakin' expensive!

We are gearing up for the May graduation of our oldest offspring and that means spending the night in Boston. Since there are more than a few colleges in the city of Boston that will hold graduations in mid-May, we decided that making hotel reservations early would be a good idea. With that in mind, I set out to locate sleeping quarters for our happy family troupe.

HOLY CRAP!

My first attempt totaled out at just over $1,000.00 for the night.

At $1,000.00 for one night, there better be flying carpet rides with naked dancing girls. Wolfgang Puck better show up in the room and prepare a five course meal for us. Tom Hanks and Ron Howard better be on hand to give us a private pre-release viewing of their latest movie.

What the hell is so special about the city of Boston that anyone would want to pay $1,000.00 a night to stay there?

My next few attempts weren't much better but fortunately we discovered that the graduation ceremony will be held at the Seaport World Trade Center and, lo' & behold, they have a hotel there.

I called and spoke to a wonderful young lady who assured me that since we were coming in for an event, we could get the group rate. Trust me, when you talk to a nice young lady at a hotel, tell her you want the group rate.

My $1,000.00 expense ended up being just a bit under $400.00.

At that price, I'm betting there aren't any flying carpets and I'm pretty sure there are no naked dancing girls but that's okay because $400.00 is way better than $1,000.00.

*

Here are some links:


No comments: