Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Ground school ain't easy!

Several weeks ago, my CFI told me about a online tool he used for his ground school when he was going for his ATP (airline transport pilot) certification. He suggested it would help me with the FAA test I have to take.

I bought a subscription and I've been studying / testing quite a bit because I'd like to take the written test sooner rather than later.

Man, there is a lot of stuff to learn and it's all important.

Things like:
  • What happens when you travel from an area of low pressure to an area of high pressure?
  • What happens to a magnetic compass when you are flying north and make a turn to the left?
  • Who has the right of way when two aircraft enter the pattern at the same time?
  • What is the lateral space of a class D airport?
Thank God they don't have airspace rotary's...

Wait. They do. It's called "the pattern".


The Red Sox are playing the Giants at 10:00 tonight. That's wrong, Just plain wrong, wrong, wrong.

There is no reason that those left coasters out in San Francisco can't watch a ball game at 4:00pm their time. If they did that, I would be able to watch baseball at 7:00pm my time instead of half past my bedtime.

Someone needs to smack the guy who does MLB scheduling because whoever decided sending an east coast team out to the west coast for a two-day series was a good idea needs to be rebooted.


Here are a few links you can visit if you are so inclined:

No comments: