Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Looks like Farrell is getting nervous

After last nights ass-kicking by the Rays, John Farrell called the Red Sox into the locker room and closed the door to the media. This indicates he had some things to say that were not really for public consumption.

Things like, "What the hell is going on? Why can't you pitch? Why can't you hit the ball? What were you thinking when you made that completely unnecessary throw to third and airmailed it over the third baseman's head?"

Perhaps he may have even used some "salty language."

I know I would have.

Let's see what tonight brings.


No flying today, just an education on how to file a flight plan.

My instructor is teaching me how to do it the old-fashioned way using a chart, a plotter and a "flight computer" which is really a lot like a slide rule. We sat down and decided we were going to go to Saratoga, NY.

Trust me, it's both hard and easy to do.

If I was 15 years old, still in high school and we were all still doing math in our heads, it would be easy. It's a lot of simple addition or subtraction.

Unfortunately, I'm not 15 and no one does math in their heads anymore so it's a little bit of a struggle.

After we finished doing it the old fashioned way, he showed me how to do it using the FAA-provided website.

That was pretty darned easy so now if I ever want to go to Saratoga, I can.


While I watch some baseball, you can click on these:

No comments: