Friday, June 3, 2016

They need to win.

The Red Sox managed to split the four-game series with the Orioles and now they are back in Boston to play a three-game series against the Blue Jays. They need to win at least two of those three games before they head out to the left coast to play the Giants in yet another inter-league series.

They are still in first place with a one game lead over the Orioles in the AL East and half a game lead over the Rangers in the AL.

As for the two recent losses, what can I say. Porcello has been pitching lights out for the last several games and he had one bad game. I'm not ready to hold that against him.

As for Kelly, he's still shaky. Sometimes he's great, other times he seems like Buchholz - afraid to throw the ball. The Red Sox optioned him down to Pawtucket so he can work out the kinks and they brought Noe Ramirez up to fill his spot.

Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure that Ramirez is any better than Kelly.

Tonight it will be Price up against R.A. Dickey. Dickey is a knuckleball pitcher and the Red Sox have mixed results when they go up against him. I've seen them hit everything he throws and I've seen them swing and miss everything he throws.

I guess it just depends on fate.


While I urge the Red Sox on to victory via my special coaching TV, you can click on these:

No comments: