Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Interesting day of flying.

The windsock at the landing end of the runway showed a right crosswind. The windsock at the departure end of the runway showed a left crosswind. In other words, the wind was blowing in two different directions within a distance of 3,000 feet.

It made for some interesting takeoffs and some very interesting landing.

And the start of my lesson was just as interesting. Just as I was getting ready for my initial departure, an aircraft showed up in the pattern with no radio transmission. The pilot gave no indication that he was joining the pattern and he gave no indication that he was landing. This meant I had to sit and wait to see what he was doing.

He landed, cleared the runway and I took off. Once I finished with my lesson, I asked the staff what he was doing. Turns out he had a defective radio and he was bringing the aircraft in for service.

To misquote Rosanne Rosanna Danna: It's always something. If it's not a silent plane, it's bizarre winds.


I stayed awake through 4 innings last night and I'm going to try to do the same thing tonight. Fortunately, they won last night and I'm really hoping they win again tonight.

I'll find out tomorrow morning.


Here are today's links:

No comments: