Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I think I need a new furnace

My furnace started leaking from the pressure expansion valve a couple of weeks ago. Not much, just a drip that came to about a gallon in a 24 hour period. Then it started getting worse and yesterday, I noticed that when the furnace is running, the pressure goes up to almost 35psi. The expansion valve is set to go off at 30psi.

I sent this information off to my furnace guy, who is coming on Friday to check things out, and the reply I got was,
    "Ok, so the relief valve is doing its job. It's only a 30psi valve. So either the boiler is over filling itself or, hopefully not, the coil could have a pinhole in it"
I didn't hear anymore from him but I assume that "the coil may have a pinhole" thing is bad and probably not repairable.

I'm praying for an easy, low cost repair but I'm planning on buying a new furnace.


Here are todays links:

No comments: