Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I've worked with an unstable guy

His name was Chris and man, was he screwed up. He was paranoid, he was depressed, he was a little psychotic and he was angry all the time. He swore that there were terrorists on the Connecticut river and he wanted to get a boat, mount a gun on it and patrol the river.

Oh, and he had guns. A lot of guns. He also may have been in possession of a fully automatic weapon that he kept calling his "M-16".

Basically, this guy was full tilt bozos. And when I talked to my boss about him, I suggested that I was going to bring it up to company security because I did not want to end up as a chalk outline under my desk. My boss told me that I shouldn't do that because it would cause a lot of trouble for the guy.

To this day I still think I should have talked to someone about this guy.

He was eventually let go by the company and he drifted away from my world. I learned later that he got himself some help and seemed to be fairly stable but he still had all those guns.

In light of what happened in Texas, I can't help but think how close we came to a situation that could have gone very badly.

People like that should not have guns.

Hell, people like that should not have cars.


Here are some links that I found:

No comments: