Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Mac is back

My wife's computer is once again computing and she is a happy kid.

I however, am a little concerned that this will happen again and her data loss will be substantially worse than it was. She is a professor with a lot of documents so her loss would effect her ability to perform her work.

That would be bad.

So I'm considering the purchase of a n Apple router called a Time Machine.

It's basically a router with a 2 terrabyte hard drive that will allow us to do automatic backups of our phones, our iPads and our Macs without worrying about plugging in thumb drives or external hard drives.

I'm a large fan of automatic backups.

Besides, I've also noticed that our six year old first floor router has begun dropping out every once in a while so it might be time to replace it.

If the time machine router is extremely expensive, I've also discovered how to create my own time machine using basic and inexpensive equipment.

Either way, at some point in the very near future, I want these machines backing themselves up as needed.

I don't want her to go through that stress-filled event again.


I'm gonna make soem of my famous pizza.

While I do that, here are some links for you to visit:

No comments: