Saturday, November 11, 2017

Long day

Today was an interesting day.

My wife tried to install the recommended Macbook OS/X update from Apple and it things did not go well. Her Mac decided to stop working and when I did some interwebgoogling, I found out that the recommended solution to her problem was to bring it to a Apple store and have them fix it.

We had an appointment at an assisted living center for my mother-in-law so we packed her and my wife's Mac up in the car and went to see this place. We took the grand tour, stayed for lunch, which was pretty damned good, and spent some time talking to the manager. In the end, a deposit was placed and now we wait.

After returning my mother-in-law to back to her house, my wife and I ran up to the Apple store in Holyoke where we explained her problem and got an appointment to have someone look at her computer. The clerk said it would be 4 hours before they could look at it so we headed home.

Once at home, two of my brothers showed up and picked up one of our old couches for another brother. We also managed to get a few things done that needed doing before heading back up to the Holyoke Mall.

Once there, we managed to get my wife's glasses fixed, buy some new furniture covers and generally wander around for about 20 minutes before we got the text that said it was time for us to have the Mac looked at.

Turns out they need to keep it over night so looks like I'll be heading back up to Holyoke tomorrow.


Here are some links that I managed to find for you:

No comments: